Friday, July 4, 2008

Moscow on the 4th of July

Ok, I know I've asked ya'll to pray for the last fifteen months to get this child in our arms. Now, help us get through this next week in this two-room apt. with no air, big windows with no locks or screens and a child that is basically bouncing off the walls. Mark and I are afraid to go to sleep that he might fall out the windows. They don't lock and we are on the fifth floor???? Besides all that, no drapes and it gets dark at 11pm?? what's up with that? We need a fan. Other than that we are here in Moscow, now we are only eight hours time differnence away. We woke at 4am, left hotel at 5am, flew from Novokuztesk at 8am and arrived four hours later in Moscow at 8am. Andrey has not slept once. Cannot beleive we don't leave until a week from today, oh happy 4th everybody. One good thing is there is a computer here and I can post more. Moscow is humongous; 10 million people. You cannot even believe the traffic, nightmare!!!!!!!!!!! I'll write more tomorrow. Love you all, Cherie

3 comments:

Anita said...

I have been praying that you would have a much easier time that I did with Jackson. I am sure Andre is scared and does not understand you and Mark. I know that God will get you through this and bring you home safely. Just play with him a lot and wear him out and maybe he will sleep better. I used the herb, Melontonin and it did help Jackson to sleep better. Bendryl just made him worse. You all are are in our prayers every day. Try to have a good 4th of July!

We love you,
Anita, Florica & Jackson

Maureen said...

You're almost home so try to enjoy the time in Moscow. Try to look at it like a mini vacation with Andrey. I wonder if he has ever been to places like museums or the zoo. He is probably as overwhelmed as both of you re. Everyone here is very excited to read about Andrey...even Ursula! The kids can't wait to meet their newest cousin.

Love,
Maureen, Scott and the rest of the gang

Cherie said...

Yeah, Anita, you understand. He doesn't understand us and he is very hyper not to an extreme but all boy to be sure. I brought Bendryl but have not used for fright of exactly what you said. Being closed up in an apt where I'm afraid he'll break something is frustrating for me too. And, this apt is definitely not kid friendly with computer wires, like I said windows that would kill him if he fell out and stove and need I go on. It'll be a hundred times better when we are at home; however, he will require lots of hands-on learning. Miss my other baby too. Maureen I'm glad your following this, tried to call you before I left. Alex said you were out of town. Ursula, wish you were here, Moscow is not to be believed. We are fixing to go outside as it is 10:00am and we've been up since 5am trying to entertain Andrey. I love you all. Cherie